It's time to start living the life you've imagined (Henry James) | EVS/ESC Review #20

Discoverer Iryna, the French language, 'echo'-people, The Lane Kirkland scholars' meeting, ROMA Theatre and Pilots performance. Also, two hours in a traffic jam, new acquaintances, and the city of lights but about that later ;)

#1. My discoverer way is going further :D

I do not stop with my Ukrainian presentations and this week I was happy to present my country to 3 different classes of French-Polish school in Warsaw. Also, I made a presentation about European Solidarity Corps, the program I am a participant of right now, so that teenagers could think beforehand about their future choices.

I keep telling over and over - work with children is amazing and really rewardable. Especially, when you hear something like 'When are you going to come next time?', 'I know something about your country!' or no words, simply beautiful pictures like that one you see here. 

Hope all these kids grow up and become clever and responsible citizens of our big and amazing world! But why 'hope'? I am sure they will do!

P.S. French is hard and isn't understandable at all. How you speak this language, people?)

#2. Meet people from the past

You never know who you are gonna meet in 2, 5, 10 years. Someyour great friends or colleagues! You never know.
people will be lost for always but some could appear like an echo again and again. What's more, some people could become 

The same story happened to me this week - an old friend of mine, Max Liul, wrote to me that he would be in Warsaw for one day and asked if we could meet. Of course, we could, why not? 

While meeting, we realized how many things connected us - one program, one youth camp, one common project (where I worked remotely so didn't know all the team), one Erasmus+ (unsuccessful for both), common city, common university and many more.

But the most important thing is not only to spend time with people while discussing your actual lives but also analyze why life is what it is. Finally, we came to the conclusion, that everything happens for a reason. And you should listen to your heart, it somehow already knows what is right.

#3. Kirkland Meeting

Attention! Kirkland students are in Warsaw! :) That means that about 40 great, talented and goal-oriented people gathered together in one place.

All Kirkland students' year could be measured by such meetings because the first one they had in Lublin, then in Poznań (I was there too), now in Warsaw, after in Kraków, and the final one will take place in Warsaw again. So, as you see, this is the middle meeting for all the students, so as for me somehow too. Soon will be the equator of my staying here in Warsaw as a participant of European Solidarity Corps. OMG.

There were many great things during this Kirkland meeting but the most exciting for me was visiting of Ukrainian Embassy here in Warsaw with Andrii Deshchytsia. It is amazing that even being heads, directors, ambassadors people still remain very friendly, open-minded and active. That is the best indicator that tells that the person is in a right place.

#4. ROMA Theatre

Another bright moment from Kirkland meeting was at ROMA
Theatre! We were lucky to watch an amazing and perfect performance Pilots (Piloci) about two lovers who were separated by The Second World War. 

I was highly impressed by the musical, even though it wasn't my first time here. Everything was just astonishing - songs, dances, decorations, monologues! I even learnt the song Nie obiecuj nic afterwards, so impressed I was :)

No more words, just watch the trailer here: link.


All the best from EVS/ESC-wolontariuszka Ira Konoplianko. 
Cześć!😉

Popular Posts