What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! | EVS/ESC Review #21

Morning yoga life, homeschooling and presentations, movies make sense even with small kids, KUKi and importance of analyzing your mistakes, an abstract picture, old memories, the world of teaching, and preparation to my second elections. 

#1. Yoga practising

How do you usually start your morning? Waking up, realizing that you have overslept, grabbing a cup of coffee and hurrying to office? Practically, this is a morning routine for many people. However, not for me any more!

This week instead of just warming up, doing morning exercises and starting my day with Miracle Morning, I decided to try something new. This new thing became yoga! How I came up to this idea? I even don't know. I just texted the phrase morning yoga is youtube, found the first one and practised it in the morning. And, oh God, how beautiful it is! Really! 

Every little part of your body is ready for a new and productive day, you start walking with a straight back, try sitting properly and simply enjoy every minute of your busy and productive day. All because if you started your day without rush, all the day is going to be really wonderful and just what you want!

I practise yoga with Boho Beautiful Channel. The exact video you can find here, also here you can find good relaxation music for yoga and meditation as well. Believe me - if you start, it's hard to give up! 

#2. One more presentation

This week I also had a lesson with Polish kids about Ukraine - we played games, tried writing names with Cyrillic letters, and watched movies about my country. Oh, how those kids liked the movies! :) We watched one movie for three or four times and they wanted even more! 

There weren't many kids, as it was a homeschooling group, so we had enough time for trying everything. Actually, I have two types of lessons - for kids under 11 and above 11. With those, who, are little, we usually dance at the end, and with those, who are older - we watch movies. However, with that group where all of the kids were under 10, we had time for everything and I have never thought that they will love both dancing and movies so much! :) 

Also, it's interesting to know your attitude to a homeschooling type of learning. If 5-7 years ago such type of education was possible only for kids who do sports professionally and are engaged in constant competitions (so that they need a personal schedule of lessons) or kids with some kind of disadvantages, nowadays there is a world tendency to study at home and not to go to ordinal secondary schools. I wonder, what advantages you see in studying at home. And do you see any at all?

#3. Club of Ukrainian Movie - analyzing your fails

This week we had the first meeting of Ukrainian Movie Club (КУКі - Клуб Українського Кіно). Well, actually, it was not quite a successful event, because there were only a few quests :) However, there is always room for improvement and analyzing what was done in a bad way (in our case, the media campaign was a total fail).

However, you can always find positive moments in everything, so did we :) After our 'opening night' all together we went to a painting workshop and spent a wonderful time there. Have a look at my picture, which was sold became a present for my friend and now is a part of the decoration of his dorm room! Ok, psychologists, now it's your time - what can you say about me? :D 

#4. English Teaching Conference

The weekend of mine became another amazing and wonderful part of my staying here in Poland! I became a member of the English Teaching Conference organised by NIDA Foundation and PAFF

To say that it was useful is nothing, it was just unbelievable!!! All the weekend I spent with teachers from all over Poland, we took part in workshops, discussed techniques and games, and even became the students ourselves! I also remembered my own teaching experience at language courses, my traineeship at school and my work at children summer camps. You can never say 'Ok, I know everything, so now I can just use everything I have and stop learning'

Finally, I was just amazed by how many good things happen to me here. Catch every opportunity to become a better version of yourself - learn, share, get new friends and simply be open to this world! :D 

#5. Ukrainian Elections - Vote!

Soon, there will be presidential elections in Ukraine, so if you also vote not in Ukraine, you should think beforehand about all the procedures and documents. A simple and quite practical guide you can find here. It is much easier than you think!

Don't let others live your life! Vote!

All the best from EVS/ESC-wolontariuszka Ira Konoplianko. 
Cześć!😉

Popular Posts