Father's SkyBirthDay! | EVS/ESC Review #8

This week I celebrated first Skype-B'Day - not mine, my father's. I think this week is worth being named after this special occasion! Also, I started my polish filmmaking, unexpectedly met my old friend, started (and seems to me finished) Free November and many more. Read about all these life events below.

#1. Father's Skype D-Day!

On November 20, the best dad ever has his B'Day - Ihor Konoplianko! Daddy, I sincerely congratulate you on being a part of this unbelievable world! 🦂🦈🐈🐠

I would like to wish you lots of happiness every day, always being healthy and understanding that this life is beautiful! It is given only once so we should value it! Sure, sometimes there are difficulties. However, they are making us even stronger, aren't they?

I am incredibly grateful for you being in this world with us! And I am happy even more because you are our dad! My sis is one more super thing I am really thankful for :) You are our pride, support and help! In lots of things! I love you as a leaf loves the tree which it is grown from. As a cone love the ground which gave it strengths. As an orange loves the peel which covers it. And I will always love you!

Happy B'Day, the best daddy in this world!

#2. Little Unexpected Meetings That Charge You

When days are going one by one you don't even notice them but, dude, that is actually your life. When I got a message from Olia Averina, a friend of mine from STP-2017, that she comes to Warsaw for an hour and has some time to spend between her buses, I definitely said 'We must meet!' There it goes, you see each other for an hour only, but how beautiful it is to have such recharging in the middle of the week! Here you remember all old stories, think about future plans, share you present wins and failures and many more. We even created a common idea for a project! But let it be our small secret :)

#3. Sweet Presents from Ukraine

The previous week my supervisor Lena was in Kyiv at the educational fair. They were promoting Study Tours to Poland and The Lane Kirkland Scholarship programs, advising students who might be interested in international development, and also meeting some alumni who are already a part of Study Tours to Poland world.

Thus, Lena was some kind of connection between me and Ukraine those days. One lady didn't miss that chance (you might know her if you read this blog from the very beginning :) ) and prepared a wonderful present for me! She packed it so tightly in order nobody (I think even a customs officer too :) ) can open it. There was a really cute stuff inside, all connected to my lovely Ukraine. Among all the things there was this beautiful yellow-and-blue heart. You know, it took me almost a week to dare to eat it :)

Olia, thank you very much for your support and everything you do for me and my family! And don't worry much :)

#4. My first Movie in Poland and about Poland!

This week I finished shooting my first movie here in Poland! The movie is about Poznań, the city I visited on November 14-18. I tried to show the beauty of that Polish place, show streets, churches, attractions, and city centre. What really melt my heart was a Christmas fair - sooooo warm atmosphere that you don't want to leave that place! Let it be a nice tradition to make small films about every city I travel to.

In addition, don't judge me, please :) It was only my first work of this genre, I am not a professional and my phone is Huawei. However, practice makes perfect!

#5. The Royal Castle in Warsaw

The final point of the week became a visiting of the Royal Castle in WarsawThis castle symbolizes the power and traditions of the nation. Why? Because the castle was completely damaged by the Nazis. Literally "completely" because the castle was mined in 1944 after the Warsaw uprising. Thus, it was totally wiped off the face of the earth.

The modern castle is rebuilt from documented photos, stories and memories of citizens as well as Warsaw itself. Though the rebuilding process was frozen for some time in the Soviet Union, the castle was finally finished despite all the obstacles and water stones.

The next day after visiting the castle, I had a conversation with one of the colleagues at the Foundation. We discussed whether all these castles show the true face of the nation. When we look at this wealth and luxury we are amazed of course. On the other hand, do we remember that only privileged people were the owners of all those expensive buildings, clothes, paintings, furniture? The biggest part of people was living in completely other conditions. 

Together we came to the conclusion, that history is always multifaceted. So, the best option is to keep in mind all the opinions.

All the best from EVS/ESC-wolontariuszka Ira Konoplianko. 
Cześć!😉

Popular Posts