Blogoversary! :) | EVS/ESC Review #10

Here is my little celebration today - blogoversary! Means, there are 10 weeks of my staying, living, and being here in Warsaw! Such an occasion! :) 

Meanwhile, this week I realized that FRI is not going to lose me, learnt about youth voices from 4 countries, spent a lovely evening in the establishment where 'money is made', travelled to 7 countries in one evening and started my new detective life-page :) Interested? Enjoy reading!

#1. FRI Warsaw Group

The previous week I met Andrew Sidlecki who is a member of FRI - All-Ukrainian Youth NGO from and with which I started my own volunteering life almost 4 years ago. Moreover, he is the head of an international department of the organization now. That was great to meet such a pro-active person like him and, to my mind, many true FRI members are such people like him.

So, the idea of this guy was wonderful - to create something like an initiative FRI group in Warsaw. Simple thing - you do projects, engage people and make this world better. Due to the fact, there are so many Ukrainian students in Poland this idea is quite a good one :) So, if you are Ukrainian and live in Warsaw now - join us :)

#2. Youth Speak About Themselves

Also, this week I was a participant of the Conference Youth Speak About Themselves organized by YMCA. Here we discussed what the modern youth is, what is our attitude to health, employment, environment and education issues, etc. The conference consisted of reports of 4 countries - Belarus, Poland, Russia and Ukraine. 

What I spot there is that Ukrainian speakers are so educated, talented and speak so brilliant English! Really proud of us! We are open to new opportunities, challenges, educations paths and all this makes us stronger! 

#3. One of a Few after the Warsaw Uprising

On Friday, I and my supervisor visited the Polish National Bank (Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego). 

Lena Prusinowska was lucky to win the competition connected to the history of the building in which bank is located now. 

We should emphasise that this very building was one of a few which survived after the Warsaw uprising in 1944.

Probably, because the bank has a unique place on al.Jerozolimskie and Nowy Świat crossroad. The building is as if an obstacle for those who are in al. Jerozolimskie street and looking at Nowy Świat street and vice versa. Means, it is as if partitioning off another street from the viewer.

Thank you, Lena Prusinowska, for having me there!

#4. Are Series a Waste of Time?

I've Always thought that watching series is simply wasted time. That is the main reason why our TV-set was put in the bookcase when I was 14 and never used from then (New Year is not included, ok :) ). And that is the main reason why till 22 in my ''series life' were no memories at all. 

However, I slightly changed my mind in summer when watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S in English and that really enlarged my vocabulary as well as the understanding of the language (of course, not an academic one).

As far as you know, now I am learning Polish. And this every-day-language is quite a thing that I am looking for! So, congrats on me! Welcome 'Ultraviolet' series in Polish :) It is quite a detective fairytale but in the matter of the language - it is perfect. 

Now, I use Netflix and the first free month of subscription there. Do you have any ideas of some free sources for watching Polish series?

#5. Charity Christmas Fair or 7 countries in 1 evening


Today, I and Diana Egiazarova, were visitors of SHOM – XI. Kiermasz Dobroczynny/ International Charity Bazaar where lots of foundations and organizations along with many cultures, cuisines and product were performed.

This day was really an international one and we as if travelled all over the world! We've been to:
  • Switzerland (with really super tasty cheese there);
  • Georgia (your traditional khachapuri is perfect);
  • Morocco (you stole our heart with amazing tea!!!);
  • Qatar (with quite unusual coffee);
  • Thailand (the spiciest food I've ever tried);
  • Columbia (with a traditional meat-and-bread dish);
  • India (with a very tasty chicken-potato-beans-herbs dish).
So many beautiful places are in our small world! And we are so close to each other when something good is connecting us :)

P.S. This guy with a red nose in the photo is from Czerwone Noski Klown w Szpitalu Organization. Follow the link and find more information!

All the best from EVS/ESC-wolontariuszka Ira Konoplianko. 
Cześć!😉

Popular Posts